This checklist is a general outline of the steps required in order to successfully prepare your tax data for the IRS and SSA. Click the links for more information on each step.
1. Register Early - Once a transmitter with a TCC# or UserID is approved to file electronically, it is not necessary to reapply.
IRS- 1099 Registration - An IRS Transmitter Control Code (TCC#) is required. To apply, submit Form 4419
IRS-1042S Registration - A different Transmitter Control Code (TTC#) to file 1042S. To apply, submit Form 4419
SSA- W-2 Registration - A UserID is required. To apply for a UserID and register
3. Enter Payer (Company) Information (Video)
4. Enter or Import Payee Information
5. Print Verification Reports (Video)
6. Print Forms (Optional) (Video)
8. Create E-File (Video)
10. Verify the Upload was Successful IRS /SSA
Validate the file name and size provided by the IRS or SSA upload status against the file name and size shown on the Summary of Information Returns. If they don’t match, your file was NOT submitted successfully. You may also want to view the submitted file and the E-Filing Log (both can be accessed by right-clicking on the E-File button). Always check the IRS or SSA site for an IRS Good Status or a SSA Complete status.
11. Relax! You have successfully completed the process for filing your information returns.
Spokane Computer, Inc.
14 West Graves Road
Spokane, WA 99218-2306
Email Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +1 800-565-6576
Fax: +1 509-624-0139